The Open State festival will return to Adelaide from 28 September – 8 October 2017.
Open State is a festival of ideas, innovation, collaboration and enterprise. It aims to:
- Position South Australia as a place open to new ideas, new people and new technology;
- Connect leading national and international expertise with SA government, business and community organisations;
- Inspire a culture of innovation and collaboration in South Australia;
- Position South Australia as a leader in democratic reform, business and community innovation.
Open State was held for the first time in October 2016. Open State turned ideas into action, featuring workshops, pitch events, demonstrations, debates, street activations and activities, drawing from ideas developed from the first week, implementing them as plans for the future.
- More than 25,000 attendances – double what was anticipated
- 60 speakers, participating in 65 events including international experts such as Forbe magazine’s Rich Karlgaard (US), collaborative economy expert Rachel Botsman (UK), social innovator and founder of OO Indy Johar, and technology and Open Democracy revolutionary Pia Mancini (ARG)
- 19 million Twitter impressions, reaching 1.8 million individual accounts
- Injecting $11 million in to the South Australian economy via direct and incremental spending
ADVI was pleased to be a participant in the 2016 Open State Festival with Rita Excell, Executive Director being a speaker at the Future Transport forum held Wednesday 26 October 2016.